38 days till brexit:
... and still no clarity about exit deal, etc.
Theresa May truly is the worst prime minister of UK of all times.
From #Reddit #Bitcoin: The Bank of England denies full audit of 80 tons worth of Australian Gold -- Short the banks, long Bitcoin https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/as9hcn/the_bank_of_england_denies_full_audit_of_80_tons/ #Bitcoin
@SierraKiloBravo Polar is excellent and Music is epic - my Bass was vibrating the room
list of shitty things about google play Show more
- doesn't tell you if an app has in-app purchases or ads until you open its page (so when you're scrolling through the overviews it won't say anything, you have to open each individual app to check)
- manages to make massively slow down the entire phone while updating on every phone i've ever used
- provides no incentives for an app to be open source, not even providing a little icon or a place to put a source code link (you have to paste it in the description)
- checks to see if your phone is rooted or has xposed, and if so, refuses to let you install certain apps, such as netflix and google pay
- splits the store across four apps, one each for apps, music, movies, and books
- added a "virus scanner" to the "my apps" page which doesn't actually scan your phone for viruses and just gives you a false sense of security - this feature was already present in google play, now it just had a cute little shield icon. all it means is that none of the apps on your phone have been added to a blacklist, and it's pretty hard to get on that blacklist. it won't scan apps that didn't come from google play: https://www.blog.google/products/android/google-play-protect/
- provides no punishment to apps that compromise the security of the user's phone by exploiting undiscovered bugs: https://www.xda-developers.com/procfs-leak-lg-oneplus-huawei-xiaomi-asus/ (while this isn't a particularly bad example of privacy violating behaviour, it shows that google is willing to let this one slide for seemingly no reason)
- introduced a new, better permissions system where users selectively grant permission to apps, but for some reason (ad revenue) they don't allow you to deny an app internet access
Home to Producers and Fans of the
No Agenda Show Podcast If you have an issue please DM @email@example.com