News from the No Agenda Tech Desk:
* Zeronode IRC has brand new 2 year valid SSL certificates, two other sites to follow;
* No Agenda's servers have received massive updates;
* Fixed a long standing bug with stuff that incidentally crashed the livestream;
* Improved latency and increased throughput on all servers (for the geeks: switched to the FQ traffic shaper algorithm and BBR congestion control protocol)
* Lots of small changes.
We're ready for the new decade!
@voidzero isn't it a thing that SSL certs are only supposed to be valid for 1 year now? (browser standard anyways)
Starting Sept. 1, Safari will no longer trust SSL/TLS certificates with validity periods longer than 398 days
And Let’s Encrypt is 90 days and free! 👍🏻
Well. I got two years to figure this out, if I can automate it with icecast. Nginx should be doable. Thing is, I still have to make one cert that installs to five servers. So that's another one of those pesky things. I could use ansible for that, but there are many moving parts.
@voidzero why not letsencrypt SSL certs?
@CSB 1. They don't support wildcards.
2. I don't want to renew them manually every 90 days.
@CSB they autorenew in certain cases. Using them with icecast is not one of those cases. And see my prior point #1.
@voidzero okey dokey, no worries, I was just wondering
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!