My brother (in 🇳🇱) sent me this picture of a plug on the wall in his new apartment. What is it called? What does it do?

@levisan it's for cable television and radio. With fiberoptics it's barely used. Those connections are property of the cable provider! So officially your brother is not allowed to (re)move it without permission

@levisan it's called an "antennedoos" (antenna box) it's a COAX connection

@levisan I actually have no idea, if your message is sarcastic or serious...
My guess is that at least half the dutchers know the answer to your brothers question.

@WoodyDK I've never seen the plug here in Canada, but it seems that @Haddem has answered it!

@levisan If you turn it upside down, it looks like a horrified robot.

Sign in to participate in the conversation
No Agenda Social

The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!