* Add new services to NAS
Future NAS services in consideration for deployment:
* Status pages (https://cachethq.io/)
* Pubic infrastructure documentation (https://github.com/rust-lang/mdBook)
* Secure pastebin (https://github.com/sametmax/0bin)
* TOR hidden service
* Resources permitting (low priority):
* free, invitation-only NA VPN (wireguard) server
* potential to host any future No Agenda projects made by producers (in docker containers, using CI+CD)
* Move from current kubernetes cluster to new cluster
The current cluster's operational patterns were created by me over two years ago. I haven't made many operational changes since then, although I did migrate physical machine hosts once. Now two years of development and experimentation down the road, my new system is significantly more mature.
This will be a big deal and will resolve much of the current operational overhead that I am currently burdened with.
* Implement CloudFlare Argo tunnel
This is a back-end change that should go unnoticed by everyone, but I would like to enable this for various reasons. To learn what Argo tunnel is, see the link below:
* Investigating potential move to Pleroma to reduce server load
Mastodon is a fitting name, as it is as computationally heavy as a mastodon is physically heavy. I would like to move to Pleroma, but don't want to do a "fresh start" if it can be avoided.
If the migration script is not mature enough (or if Pleroma itself is not mature enough), I will put this off.
* Moving static content to S3
Sometime after the new year, I will be moving mastodon's static files to S3. Due to the moderate upload speed and the large volume of data, this will take approximately two days. During this time, I will keep the mastodon server online, but any images uploaded during this period will be lost.
Notice will be given before this migration begins.
Mastodon refuses to stop soft-crashing with no explication in the logs, thus it gets the sledgehammer:
while true; do
start-msdn && sleep 14400 && stop-msdn
@ChrisWilson is the watchman.
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!